I didn’t really comprehend how big the Mac App store is going to be until today, when a 19 year old teenage I meet at my old church youth group mentioned on Facebook today that she’s excited for the Mac app store launch tomorrow:
“Also, i’m SUPER excited the Mac App store comes out tomorrow!! Lucien, you might appreciate that. bahah”
I asked her why:
“I do appreciate that, I’m super excited too. Can I ask why? (research) ”
“I’m just excited to see what the store has to offer, what apps will be available, how they run, what they can add to my mac hahah”
- She got her Mac from a friend, and he’s told her about the Mac app store.
- She has an iPod touch, so she knows how the app store concept works.
This says to me:
- Young people don’t know about the listings of Mac software on the apple.com website.
- She found out that the app store is coming to the Mac, and is super excited to see what apps are out there for her Mac.
- She already has an iTunes account.
This thing is going to be huge people.. millions of people will be getting the Mac app store tomorrow, and will be looking and purchasing.
Maybe the app stores are what Apple built that North Carolina data center for.
(Written with MarsEdit’s awesome rich text editor)
(Cross posted to my company’s blog: http://www.chromedomesoftware.com/2011/01/05/why-the-mac-app-store-is-going-to-be-bigger-than-i-thought/ )